Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Very Oak Ridge Week

This week, I took a little break from school to join my husband in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. He was there this week for research at the National Laboratory. As for me, I spent some much needed time catching up on several paper assignments from my master's classes and doing a little bit of reading for my Chinese Art History class. I did take some picture to share with you of my trip :)

Coming into Oak ridge we were surrounded with great views!


We ate at some incredible places. If you are ever in the Oak Ridge area, 15 minutes outside of Knoxville, some places to try are The Soup Kitchen, Mediterranean Delight, El Cantarito, and the Riverside Grill (pictured above). Yum yum!!!

One afternoon while I was working, I looked at the window and felt like I had suddenly appeared in a snow globe. It only lasted a few minutes, but was very pretty while it lasted.




We came home this afternoon. We usually travel through the Smoky Mountains going home to western Kentucky, but it seems like the last several times we passed through it was dark. When we went through today, most of the mountains were covered with snow and the sky was soooo blue. It was wonderful!!





 Although I got a lot of work done this week, I did miss being in my art room. I can't wait to see everyone next week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment